ok, so so much for planning on blogging at least once a week...or even once a month for that matter:) I don't even know if anyone reads my blog at all...oh well. It's good for me to get my thoughts out sometimes. I don't really have anything to write about so I'll do some random stuff for the heck of it
~softball season is over:( I loved playing again and am looking forward to next season. I made some wonderful friends that I probably wouldn't have had I not played
~I just signed up for my first half marathon in December. As soon as I did it a wave of panic came over me and all I could say was "what have I done? Did I really just commit to running this thing?" If you know me at all you know that running is not my favorite thing to do...I don't love it like some people. But....I do need a goal to reach for and this seemed like a good one. If I don't want to die after the half marathon I'd like to train for a full marathon. Last October I went to San Francisco with my friend Brittany where she ran her first marathon and it was amazing to watch...can't imagine the thrill of running it. Of course the fire fighters in tuxedo's at the finish line with tiffany finisher necklaces isn't a bad thought either! Anyway, training seems to be going well and I'm not as sore as I thought I would be (yay!)
~karate: even though I am not actively training I don't know if it will be something I can ever give up. The only thing I am doing right now is teaching a beginner class once a week (mainly kids which I love!) at our church. Every now and then I get an itch to compete but I always get scared whenever a tournament comes up. I really just need to accept the fear and do it anyway. What's the worst that could happen?
~ My parents got an offer on their house. It is kind of bittersweet. I'm happy that they got an offer in an economy where houses just tend to sit on the market for months and months...and even years. But I'm sad because it is the house I grew up in (from 3rd grade up). I am sad that they have to sell it but happy because they have a plan and when they sell their house and walk away they will owe no one anything! what an amazing feeling I'm sure! They see life as an adventure, they feel extremely blessed and know that God is in control and has a plan. I love them so much and are so thankful that they are my parents.
~It's Friday! ok, so nothing huge about that but I love Fridays...the beginning of a weekend, time to relax with my husband, catch up with friends over coffee or dinner and then church on Sunday. I really do love my church family. It really feels like a family. We see each other outside of church...we go to dinner, movies, hang out, play sports, etc. and it's great.
~Anniversary trip. So our anniversary is still 4 months out but we are already planning and I can't wait. I would give details but knowing us it will probably change 5 times before then so more later:)
have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment