Tuesday, November 8, 2011

news

~Since February or March I have been on the Pastor Search Committee at church and after lots of meetings, resume parties, skype sessions and prayer we have found our shepherd! Now, he does have to come preach and be voted on, but as far as I'm concerned, this is over! A weight was lifted from all of our shoulders the night we agreed. At one point I honestly thought we would never agree on one man. But we did and can definitely see how God has been in all the details.

~I don't know if it's the time of year (or month...or day), but I feel like I should have a huge bag of chocolate wherever I go. I am so emotional. Yesterday when I was walking from my car to my office I looked up and saw a lone Goose flying overhead. I almost cried because he was all by himself. Wow, really? I told myself to suck it up and guzzled some more coffee (so much for giving it up). Then, while talking to my upline in Atlanta yesterday I got all choked up for no reason. She is a good friend and super encouraging woman who always brings the best out in me, so I didn't mind that she heard that. Maybe that is why I got choked up...bringing the best out in me when lately I have kind of been hard on myself. Hmmm.

~When I lived in Ireland people sometimes would name their houses. You know, like people do with beach houses. Well we lived at Marenda (the man named it for his wife ,Margaret and his daughter, Brenda) and it has by far been my favorite house to have ever lived in. It was a 2 story house located on the Boyne River, 2 miles from the town of Drogheda and had a large pasture with cows and sheep behind our backyard. My carpet was pink with roses on it (I was a girly girl so I loved it. I was upset when I found my mom had the room painted from Pepto Bismol pink to white). I just loved the house. Why do I mention that? I have been thinking we should name our house. I have come up with the perfect name. Money Pit. I have realized that a house really is a living breathing thing...when one thing gets fixed, another breaks. Between plumbing issues and our most recent find of early termite signs (thank God Terminix found them early and it won't be a huge problem...just a little inconvenient for our bank account) and taxes being due this month I have had to make a conscious effort to not worry or be mad about it. It is what it is. And this morning I unmistakenly heard something moving/scratching/burrowing underneath our bathroom floor. Perfect. Probably something making a nest.

~Thanksgiving 2011. Guess who gets to make a Turkey for the first time this year?! That's right, this girl! I am having family come into town the week before Thanksgiving (since that worked for almost everyone) and I could not be more excited. My parents, aunt, sister, brother (younger one...older brother is tied up in Myrtle Beach that weekend for work...excuses, excuses), and nieces will be decending on our little house for a weekend of fun. I love Anderson get togethers. I have never been with my family and not had a good time...there is always lots of laughter and lots of food:-) Need to start making my menu now.

~What do you want to be when you grow up? I have been asking myself that question for ages...even up until this past summer. It was be so discouraging to see someone who knew what their calling was (nurse, teacher, lawyer, etc.) and then ask me what I do for a living. Back in June this really became intense and I realized how unhappy I was with where I was in life. Did I really want to look forward to this job for the next 5, 10, 15 years? The answer was heck no! So I started asking myself when was I the happiest in life? It came to me fairly quickly. When I was with Nikken helping other people feel good. Why have a job when you can be on a mission?! I still do have my job, but it's not all I have. It's not what I plan on doing forever. So I jumped back with Nikken in July and have loved where it has taken me. I still have the desire to get my pilots license but is still on the back burner for now. With Nikken someone recently came up to me and said "my knees don't hurt anymore. Thank you for sharing this" . I have had people able to get into a deep sleep (something they haven't had in years) and be able to get the rest that they so desperately need. So when I compare that with a regular job you can see how the job is insignificant. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the job. But it's not what gives me the warm fuzzy feelings.

No comments: