Saturday, July 28, 2012

18 weeks, 4 days

So we're having a boy!!! We are so excited and can't wait to meet him in Decmember! His kicks are getting stronger and stronger and looking forward to Mike being able to feel him moving:-) We have decided to name him Elam Michael. It is a different name, but we really like it and it just feels right. Elam is an Old Testament name meaning "Safe", and we picked the middle name Michael after Mike and my dad (also a Michael:-)

Our gender reveal party went really well! So blessed to be surrounded by friends and family as Katie and I both released blue balloons! So nice to have another little boy so close in age:-)

It is hard to believe that I am so close to the halfway mark in this pregnancy! I want to enjoy every moment because I know this will go by sooo quickly! I am feeling really good. I've been staying well hydrated and eating fairly well (with the exception of ice cream and chocolate here and there!). I have not been walking like I should be but part of that is due to the heat...it's just too stinkin hot to do too much. I do get a good bit of walking at work though and also been doing some toning and stretching exercises at home. I have also started reading and singing to Elam. Today mom and I hit the library and I came home with sooo many childrens books to read outloud to him:-)

In non-pregnancy news, I have a maximum of 2 weeks left at my current job. It is a little bittersweet as I really like the people I work with, but I feel it's time to leave. I am transfering back to my old job in Graniteville and really can't wait. I am counting the days down!

Asking special prayers for my friends Chris & Melissa. Their baby girl was born prematurely yesterday, weighing under 2 lbs. She seems to be doing as well as can be expected but know they have long road ahead of them!

1 comment:

Danelle Ezell said...

I enjoy keeping up with you here. Congrats on a boy!