Monday, February 1, 2010

This and that...

I just had the best hot and sour soup ever! The last time I went to the post office during my lunch break I noticed a small chinese restaurant in the same shopping area and have been meaning to try it for a while now. I don't eat out a lot but today I decided to. It was a tiny little restaurant and was just as cold inside as it was outside but whatever. The promise of hot and sour soup kept me there:) So I sat at one of the two tables, ate my soup and just looked at the town. There's not much left in Graniteville especially since the train wreck several years ago (click on Graniteville link for more info)...just a few restaurants, a post office, several churches and a couple of warehouses. The mills are still there but empty so it's kind of like a ghost town. Really eerie the first time I drove through it. Of course it didn't help that it was cold, rainy and I'd just watched Silent Hill. lol:) When we moved to this warehouse one of the first things I did was go exploring. We occupy part of a large warehouse that has lots of offices so I went through them. There was stuff everywhere. It's like everyone just up and left. Office furniture, paperwork strewn everywhere, machine parts for the different textile machines, even a large (and very nice) safe that I fantasized about having lots of cash in it and miraculously opening for me....needless to say, I was disappointed:) haha:)

For those of you who don't know what I do, I do office admin work for a warehouse. Yes, I know...how do I deal with all the excitement? I have been with this company for 4 years. It is a very easy job. Sometimes it is boring. Sometimes it does get stressful and you have to deal with people you'd rather not deal with, but I guess you find that in pretty much any job. I do like the people I work directly with, I am out of here by 3:30 every day, I don't work weekends and I can wear jeans so it works really well for me:)I have no complaints. If I was a person who was trying to climb a corporate ladder or is really into her job I would have a problem. I do not define myself by my job. When I leave every day, I leave my work there. It never goes home with me. This is just a job. Nothing more, nothing less. I am extremely grateful that the Lord has given me this job and while I am here I will do the best job that I can.

When I leave work I can't wait to get home...turn on one of our music channels (usually classical or jazz) and start cooking dinner. I love having dinner ready by the time Mike gets home from work. Of course he's working from home today so I won't have to worry about that. There is something about a clean house (or apartment in our case:)), the smell of dinner cooking and music playing that I just adore. It just feels right. I feel so blessed that I am able to do that. I know a lot of people who have hectic schedules and don't get to eat dinner with their spouse every night. It is one of the things that make me smile. Mike and I will eat in the dining room and Rose will usually sit up and silently beg for food at least once. She is so cute in a pitful sort of way...I think she's couting on that in hopes of food. Yeah, keep hoping Rose.

Oh, speaking of Rose...Mike took her for her shots today and she weighs 37 pounds...she has lost 11 pounds! She looks so good and now has more energy and can jump higher than I thought she ever could.

Well I guess that's it for now:)

No comments: