Monday, September 5, 2011

Sometimes it's ok to stop and walk....

This morning I went for a 7 mile run. The first 4 miles were AWESOME! Was running at under a 9 minute pace which just shocked me. So I kept pushing myself. At 3 and a half miles I started feeling a little sick and just thought I was a little dehydrated so I sipped on some powerade hoping the feeling would go away.

Nope. Just made it worse.

I so wanted to just stop right then and there but I kept running. I kept having little conversations with myself:
"have you thrown up yet"
"well no"
"then keep running until you do"

So I did. After getting sick twice I decided to just start walking. I wasn't happy about it at all. I felt like a failure. Here I was in the best run I've had and I just couldn't keep going. So as I'm walking the last mile I am having quite the pitty party (I am the absolute best at throwing those kinds of parties, btw) I look up to see the back of a shirt of a runner who just passed me. It says "It's what you can't see that matters MOST". Ok, ok, I get it God....thanks for snapping me out of my pitty party:-) I had just been focusing on the physical part of my run that went bad and didn't even focus on what was really important.

No comments: