Monday, January 10, 2011

well....

Guess I wasn't done writing:-)

Totally forgot to mention the one thing that has been on my mind for a while. I shared with you that I am taking flying lessons....ok, so I have only taken one and have to budget and schedule my next lessons. The Lord has laid this on my heart and it was scary for me to make this step. Well, here is another scary step...it will take years before I will be able to volunteer in the way I want to...have to get a pilots license, a commercial license,get an A&P license so I can actually work on the plane, fly a certain amount of hours (minimum of 500), have a class 2 medical and learning a new language. The first thing that comes to mind is that it is impossible. Ok, is that really true? Do I or do I not believe that ALL things are possible with God? The next thing that comes to mind is - 4 years?!? It will take that long and then part of me wonders if it's worth it. I won't be able to do anything until I am 31! And then I hear a small, calm voice inside say "won't you be that age anyway in 4 years? Why does it matter how old you are?"

So now it's time to see what I am made of and see if I have the faith I say I have. Time to totally let go and trust God to work it out. I don't believe this will be an easy journey for me, but a journey well worth it. I praise God that He will change me through this and teach me so much. I am so thankful that my heart is being molded by him.

No comments: