Monday, December 14, 2009

2:14:57...

...was the time it took me to run my half marathon! yay! it's over:) I had so much fun, I beat my estimated time by 15 minutes and was actually not in too much pain the next morning. I placed 178 of 322 in my division (Females 25-29) and overall I placed 1508 of 2688, so I am really pleased! I was able to run the whole thing and not take any walking breaks. After a short break I'm ready to start training for my next one- The Albany Snickers Marathon. Figure I'll do one more half and then train for a full.

It was interesting. I have never considered myself a runner before, even while training for the race. Well on Saturday morning as I was riding on the shuttle from parking to the start line it looked like it was going to be a beautiful day....it was cold but the sun was coming up and not a sign of the rain they had called for and I just felt God smiling, telling me to enjoy this, that I was a runner and that this was the day He had given me. I think I smiled nonstop for the first 6 miles...after that there wasn't much of a smile...after mile 10 I think I had a grimace on my face until about the end. lol.

Anyway, here's to goals being accomplished that you never thought possible just a year before!

No comments: