Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Martyr's Song...and other stuff

Mike has been reading to me at night:) In case you can't tell by the smiley face...I really like when he does that. My dad use to read to us when I was younger and he still reads to my mom. I think that's why I like it so much....seems to be family tradition. It is just relaxing and nice to be read to....so much nicer than just sitting in front of the tv and letting my mind be turned to mush. Mike just finished Ted Dekker's The Martyr's Song . It was really good short read and even has a Bible study guide in the back. So go buy it! I think you can get it on Amazon for about $4, or at a Christian bookstore if you have to have it immediately. I like Amazon because it's nice to get packages in the mail:)

Now I need to find our next book to read! For Christmas Mike bought me New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series. I finished it in no time and then went and bought Eclipse as an early birthday present for myself. I haven't started it yet but I do plan on taking it to work tomorrow just in case it's as slow as I think it might be. I intended to read it today since I was off of work but I actually slept in today (8:45 is sleeping in for me) and then took down our Christmas decorations and then did absolutely nothing. Very lazy I know, but was nice.

Not sure what our plans are for new years eve. I think we will be doing something with our good friends Travis and Lalanya. Last night Travis, Lalanya, Selvin and Laurel came over for dinner (we had Taco's and Mike's delicious Taco Bake...yum!), games (Clue:The office edition!) and just talking about life and seeing what God really says about it....while you can argue with peoples advice, it's a bit harder to disagree with God's point of view! It was an uplifting time and I went to bed last night so thankful for our friends, for Mike and for the grace that has been given me by my Savior!

No comments: