
One of my interests is U.S. Presidents. I love learning about the men who have shaped our country and thought I would pass along just a few tidbits of information that you probably already know....
Born February 22, 1732 in Westmoreland County, Virginia, George Washington was president from 1789-1797,he did not have a party affiliation and had no college education. He was the president of the Constitutional Convention and Commander of the Continental Army.
Quotes:
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master"
"Guard against the impostures of pretend patriotism"
"It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible"
"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. i attribute all my successes in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her"
No comments:
Post a Comment