As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Mike and I were suppose to go on a date last night. I rushed home from karate, changed clothes and "beautified" myself and waited patiently on the couch while Mike was finishing up a work call....little did I know that "finishing up" would take over an hour...I was really well behaved though. :) When it became evident that the plans we had just weren't going to happen I was a little disappointed and then I got a little upset that Mike hadn't just said "hon, I'm sorry, we'll just have to do this another night". I got over that quickly though, realizing that it must be worse for him. I don't get to go on a date and I get to sit on the couch and watch a movie I've never seen. He doesn't get to go on a date and he's stuck on a work call. yuck. So I headed to Chick-fil-a and we have a yummy dinner of chicken sandwiches, fries and milkshakes on the couch:) Not a bad evening. We just have to have a make up date which is fine by me! I don't want to cook Friday either:)
I just finished reading Love and War by John and Stasi Eldredge. I read it in one day. It is such an amazing book and I would recommend it to anyone who is married. Dear friends of mine gave it to me for my birthday along with the Love Dare cards (based off the Love Dare book that is shown in the movie Fireproof). It's been good for me to see God's intention for marriage and to see God's point of view and Mike's point of view.
No comments:
Post a Comment