This January I have just wanted to go home, curl up and fall asleep every night. I haven't, but I've wanted to. Yesterday after another bad run I went home frustrated but bound and determined to have a productive evening at home. After dinner I did clean the kitchen and start a load of laundry which felt like a huge task. (Of course I've just remembered that the clothes never got moved from the washing machine to the the dryer. Rats.) I knew that I would have trouble getting up this morning so I pulled my clothes out and had everything ready so I could sleep as late as possible. At 8:30 I decided to go relax in bed and read one of my books (Reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and Green by Ted Dekker...both really good) ...I was out by 9:00. What?! I never go to bed at 9:00. I thought that the extra hours of sleep would help me get up earlier today. Wrong. Close to 9 hours of sleep and I still had trouble waking up.
Feel like I've hit a brick wall as far as running goes. Yesterday Starla and I did 5 miles (Correction: she ran 5 miles, I walked a good part of it). Not good considering we are running a half marathon coming up in five and a half weeks. I'm pretty sure all of this "stuff" is all in my head and at the moment I don't want run at all, let alone go run a half marathon. I would be running and things were ok (a little slow, but ok) and then I'd start having trouble breathing and just wanted to cry. I actually did cry once and I'm not even sure why. tired? hormonal? who knows. Just hoping and praying I get over it soon!
Not many plans for tonight...karate and then a date with Mike:) Looking forward to not cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment