last night Mike and I went line dancing and square dancing....well, it was practice for the Bridge the gap youth hoe down tomorrow at church. We practiced Monday night as well and I was ready to give up! But last night was better and I actually enjoyed it. Now I just need to go find a cow boy hat and boots and I'll be ready to go:)
Afterwards Mike treated me to a yummy gingerbread latte from Starbucks. It seriously felt like we were on a date. So I had to point out that that was something simple and inexpensive and yet it made my day so there's no reason we shouldn't go on more dates. Then we went home and watched our Thursday night line up of Community, Parks and Rec, The Office and 30 Rock followed by me reading in 1 Timothy and of course Psalms and Proverbs.
Want a good way to get through Psalms and Proverbs every month? Whatever day it is, read that Proverb. Today is the 13th so I'll read Proverbs 13. For Psalms start with the day as well (today I'll do Psalm 13) and then add 30 to it (Psalm 43) and another 30 (Psalm 73) until you run out of Psalms. However, you do skip the 119 Psalm on the 29th and save it for months that have 31 days and read it on the 31st. This was something my mom did with me and my brother in the mornings before school (we were home schooled) and has been something that I've done ever since. Granted, I have been very sporadic with it but it's something I always return to.
"But godliness with contentment is great gain" - 1 Timothy 6:6
No comments:
Post a Comment