Saturday, November 28, 2009

How do you handle disappointment?

This morning after waking up and a quick stop at Starbucks, Mike and I headed to Atlanta for the day. We have had plans to go to the Georgia Aquarium for the past month. We bought tickets online and originally we had plans to stay the weekend, go to a really nice restaurant or two and just kick back and relax. Last week we decided to change those plans a little and not stay the weekend so we could save a little money. Not a big deal. Still had plans to go to a nice restaurant and the aquarium, which we did.

I'll be honest. I was disappointed in the aquarium. I don't know if it's because there were sooooo many people and everyone was just getting pushed and jostled around....or if I had just built it up much in my head that there was no way it could meet my expectations. My favorite animal of the day was the Australian Sea Dragon

After being there for a whole hour it was time to leave:) we walked to Centennial Olympic Park and played in the fountain of rings....just kidding. we didn't play but we did watch kids trying not to get wet and one woman who stepped out of the rings at the right moment and got soaked.

We then headed to Legal Seafoods across the street from the Aquarium and had some yummy seafood. Mike had the Louisiana Catfish Matrimony (sautéed with bay shrimp and andouille sausage)and I had the salmon special which ended up being a sandwhich. Was actually really good. It was nice to just sit, talk and eat:)

We are now home and getting ready to curl up on the couch and watch a movie.

Here's to life being wonderful even when it's not what you hoped for!

No comments: